#Flash: Rare Case: Brain Eating Amoeba Infection in 7 year O
The most recent tragic case involved a 7-year-old boy from Tehama County, California, who died on August 7 from such an infection. Apparently, the boy caught an amoebic parasite called Naegleria fowleria while swimming in a Northern California lake. The infection is extremely rare, and there have only been 10 cases reported in California since 1971. After entering the nose, the amoeba proceeds to the brain, causing fatal primary amebic meningoencephalitis (PAM). Patients complain of a severe headache, fever, nausea, and vomiting in the early stages of illness. As the infection worsens, they can develop a stiff neck and experience seizures or hallucinations.

For more details please read here: https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2021/08/15/brain-eating-amoeba-kills-7-year-old-boy-in-california/?sh=3af2b4d64801
Dr. T●●●●z H●●●●●●i and 12 others like this2 shares