5 simple steps to make ur patients love you-
1. Not appear in a hurry, be pleasant & welcoming. Honestly that is what you are there for.
2. Listen ???? listen ???? listen - let them tell their story. If you think they are digressing ask leading questions like : How can I help you?
3. Acknowledge their references : most of them have come because an old patient has recommended them or a doctor has sent them to you.
4. Share your plan, be sure of what you are advising. A good consultation is 90% conviction & 10% communication. Show a bit of enthusiasm, hope & positivity. At the same time clearly mention the negatives,to the best of your judgement - be fair.
5. To end, the parting note should have a way they can get in touch with you in case of an emergency. Top up your advice with something they don't expect of you as a doctor - do's & dont's. Add 10X value for what they have come. Eg: guide them about Mediclam, value of keeping proper records or a small tip of leading a healthy lifestyle( loosing weight etc)
If there was a time when humanity needs a caring doctor it is now. When we humans are exploiting its resources to the maximum for our selfish benefits, in the era of being called names, shames & flames rise above the call of duty to save this very beautiful relation.