7th Pay Commission: Doctors Delegation meets Union Health Minister
Just two days after 15000 doctors in the capital called for a day long token strike, umbrella body of resident doctors in Delhi, FORDA (Federation of Resident Doctors Association) was called for an emergency meeting with the Union Health Minister, Shri JP Nadda...
Key issues discussed include -
- Increase of NPA (Non Practicing Allowance to 40 pc of Basic Pay as opposed to 20 pc as per 7th CPC and its merger with basic salary
- Urgent need for Indian Medical Services
- More than 25 pc of jobs in the government health sector lying vacant
- Insufficient number of PG seats
- Need for uniform pay and uniform allowances for all resident doctors across the country, including various allowances such as Hazard pay, Learning resources allowance, Night shift allowance, Extra duty allowance...