Accidental Button Cell Ingestion Causing Perforation of Meck
Now open: Certificate Course in Management of Covid-19 by Govt. Of Gujarat and PlexusMDKnow more...Now open: Certificate Course in Management of Covid-19 by Govt. Of Gujarat and PlexusMDKnow more...
Accidental ingestion of button cells by children is quite common , majority of which passes out uneventfully. But button cell ingestion lodging inside a meckels diverticulum and causing perforation is extremely rare, with hardly 4 cases reported in world literature. A surgeon should always be wary of this possibility when an ingested button cell remains lodged in a the intestine for prolonged period of time even if the child is not symptomatic initially. We report a case where a 3 year old child had perforated meckels diverticulum due to a button cell lodged inside it....

http://medcraveonline.com/JPNC/JPNC-05-00198.php
Like
Comment
Share