Bullet points - PSYCHIATRY & SKIN!!!
PSYCHIATRY & SKIN
1. Magical thinking belief that thinking can cause action.
2. Hallucination is disorder of perception.
3. Delusion is a disorder of thought.
4. Emotion is controlled by Frontal lobe.
5. Rorschach’s test measures Personality.
6. Best test for diagnosis of Organic Mental Disorders Bender Gestalt.
7. Test which uses projection typically is Rorschach’s test.
8. Rorschach inkblot test is Projective.
9. A false belief unexplained by reality shared by a number of people is
10. Sleep deprivation leads to Decreased mental alertness.
11. Delirium is marked by Clouding of consciousness.
12. Delusion is not present in Compulsive disorder.
13. Formed visual hallucinations are seen in lesion Temporal lobe.
14. Delusion in delirium are Transient
15. Disorientation is a features of Organic brain syndrome.
16. Reversible dementia is a feature of Hypothyroidism.
17. Delirium and schizophrenia differ from each other by Disorientation.
18. Wernicke’s encephalopathy involves which part of CNS Thalamus.
19. Neurofibrillary tangles with senile plaques are seen in Alzheimer's disease.
20. Diffuse bilateral slow waves in EEG activity are seen in Delirium.
21. Most common cause of dementia is Alzheimer’s disease.
22. Physical dependence to drugs is indicated by Presence of need for
increased dosage and withdrawal symptoms occur on absence of drug.
23. Most common substance abuse in India Alcohol.
24. A child present with rhinorrhea, lacrimation, diarrhea Heroin withdrawal.
25. Physical drug dependence is not seen with Cannabis.
26. Most active compound in Cannabis is 9-tetrahydrocannabinol.
27. 'Hemp insanity' is due to intake of Cannabis.
28. Flash backs are seen with LSD.
29. Most common substance of abuse in India Alcohol.
30. Active substance in Hashish is 9 delta Tetra-Hydrocannabinol.
31. Yawning is a common feature of Opioid withdrawl.
32. The term “Dementia precox” was coined by Kraepelin.
33. 'Dementia precox' is Schizophrenia.
34. Contact with reality is lost in Psychosis.
35. Formal thought disorder is present most common in Hebephrenic
36. Schizophrenia is Functional psychosis.
37. Good prognosis in schizophrenia is indicated by Affective symptoms.
38. Personality deterioration is seen in Schizophrenia.
39. Psychomotor features are maximally seen in which type of schizophrenia
40. Marked disturbance in conation is a feature of Catatonic schizophrenia.
41. Personality deterioration is less in case of Paranoid schizophrenia.
42. Life time risk of schizophrenia is 0.85%(1%).
43. Intense nihilism, somatization, and agitation in old age are the features of
44. Anhedonia lack of enjoyment in previously pleasurable activities.
45. Dysthymia --Sub syndromal depressive symptoms for 2 years.
46. Duration for leveling manic episode 1 week.
47. Flight of ideas is seen in Mania.
48. Affective disorders are associated with disturbance in Mood.
49. Pressure of speech & flight of ideas is a feature of Manic episode.
50. A period of normalcy in between two psychotic disorders is a feature of
Manic depressive psychosis.
51. Skin doubling time is 8 weeks.
52. Vasodilatation of skin does not occur with Vasopressin.
53. Desmosomes are helpful in connect
Kunal Bhoir, [07.07.18 07:00 AM]
[ Forwarded from Kunal ]
Important LMR Anaesthesia
1.Maximum possibility of hepatitis and AIDS are with which blood products : cryoprecipitate
2.most common cause of hepatitis after blood transfusion: hepatitis B
3.Blood products which should be stored at room temperature: platelets
4.ABO compatibility is least important in : fresh frozen plasma
5.Mismatched blood transfusion during surgery is manifested by: increased blood loss(most specific)> hypotension
6.Blood transfusion borne endotoxemia and septicaemia is usually due to : pseudomonas
7.Vein of choice for parenteral route: subclavian.
8.Diseases which can be transmitted through blood are : Bacterial: pseudomonas, staphylococcus, syphilis, salmonella, brucellosis, yersinia, and rickettsiae
9.Induction of choice for cyanotic heart disease is : ketamine
10.Hypovolemic shock occurs when intravascular volume is decreased by : 15-25%
11.MOA of local anaesthetics : blocking sodium channels
12.LA of choice in malignant hyperpyrexia :procaine
13.LA causing vasoconstriction: cocaine
14.methemoglobinemia caused by : prilocaine
15.Extradural veins :- these are valveless veins extending from cranium(intracranial sinuses) to pelvis
16.Bupivacaine : DOC for isobaric anaesthesia, C/I IV regional anaesthesia
17.Vasopressor of choice for spinal hypotension in pregnancy: ephedrine
18.Spinal cord : occupies the whole vertebral column in IUL but in infancy it ends at lower border of L3 while in adults lower border of L1
Dura extends up to S2
Pia (As filum terminale) up to coccyx
19.C7 - very prominent and easily palpable
T7 - lies opposite to inferior angle of scapula
L4-L5 - highest point of iliac crest
T9. - Xiphisternum
T10 - Umbilicus
L1 - inguinal ligament