Button Batteries Pose Serious Risk to Children
Those tiny, common "button" batteries can pose a big threat of injury to children if swallowed, toxicologists warn.

The round batteries are used in items such as toys, musical greeting cards, remote controls, calculators, watches, key fobs, flameless candles, hearing aids, games and flashing jewelry.

"If a button battery ingestion is even suspected, quick medical evaluation should be a priority," Dr. Donna Seger said in a news release from the Tennessee Poison Center. She directs the center, located at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville....

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=200799
Like
Comment
Share