A twelve-year old boy who has cerebral palsy which has been classified as spastic hemiplegic cerebral palsy associated with being prematurely born with an extremely low birth weight. He has decreased trunk, shoulder, and pelvic girdle mobility. He has voluntary and involuntary movements in both upper extremities. His movements are slow and labored. His eyes are very sensitive to bright lights. He is unable to speak and has difficulty writing.
On examination following were the findings :--
• Mental retardation
• Ophthalmologic and hearing impairments.
• Speech and language disorders.
• Oromotor dysfunction.
• Patients shows increased reflexes indicating Upper motor neuron damage.
• Gait characterized by circumduction of lower extremity on the affected side.
• Weak hip flexion and ankle dorsiflexion and an overactive posterior tibialis muscle.