Impacted button battery causing acquired tracheoesophageal f
Now open: Certificate Course in Management of Covid-19 by Govt. Of Gujarat and PlexusMDKnow more...Now open: Certificate Course in Management of Covid-19 by Govt. Of Gujarat and PlexusMDKnow more...
Gastrointestinal injuries secondary to button battery ingestions in children have emerged as a dangerous and difficult management problem.Batteries that pass beyond esophagus pass down without causing significant damage. However, batteries that lodge in the esophagus can lead to serious complications including death, especially in young infants and neonates. The scenario is further complicated by the fact that sometimes, children with button battery impaction present with nonspecific symptoms such as fever, respiratory distress, decreased feeding, excessive salivation and lethargy resulting in delay in diagnosis, and medical care.A 2-month-old male infant was brought with fever and respiratory distress of 5-days duration. Investigations showed a round, radiopaque foreign body in the upper esophagus....

http://www.jcnonweb.com/article.asp?issn=2249-4847;year=2016;volume=5;issue=4;spage=268;epage=270;aulast=Bhosale
Like
Comment
Share