#KeralaFloods: Join in to build Kerala again!
Here's how you can help out the flood victims in Kerala
As we all know that Kerala is in the midst of an unprecedented flood havoc. The situation continues to be grim as death toll reaches 324 (till August 17th). The gravity of the situation can be judged with an update provided by the government as on 17th August, 2018:
“…2nd worst flood after 1924 | 13 out of the 14 districts severely affected | 23 bridges collapsed | 35 dams opened | From May29th to Aug 17th Death toll 324, From Aug 8th to Aug 17th Death toll 164 | 211+ landslides | 50000+ houses damaged | 10197 km of PWD roads damaged, 60000 KM of LSG roads damaged | 4000 transformers, 17 substations shutdown to avoid accidents | 30000 hectare agricultural loss amounting 770 Crore, 2 lakh farmers affected | Nedumbassery Airport closed | 16 helicopters for rescue operations | 100 + teams of Army Navy, coast guard and NDRF | 3,14,391 lakh people rescued, 82442 people rescued on Friday only (17/08/2018) | 2094 rescue camps running…”
Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan has called for help to rebuild the lives of people in the state.
How you can contribute
- Financial assistance can be provided using the CM’s Distress Relief Fund (CMDRF). The donations are exempted from income tax as well as Foreign Contribution Regulation Act, 2010. Contribution can be made directly by going to https://pxmd.co/ap6oc
- Apart from the CM’s relief fund you may also contribute money/ materials to different Ngo’s like Goonj who aim to bring an equitable relationship of strength, sustenance and dignity between the cities, villages and are helping every way possible in the relief operations. Goonj website - https://pxmd.co/X0Jwr
- The Kerala chapter of Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) with the support of IT Mission has launched a website for effective collaboration and communication between various government departments, voluntary organisations and public. Essential items like cooking utensils and dining utensils like plates, tumblers and basic household furniture, containers, footwear, mugs, buckets etc can be sent to different districts for monetary relief.
You can find out the details of items required and where to donate district wise here: https://pxmd.co/4Voxh
Now it is our duty to help the affected rebuild their lives. The path to recovery can be long & arduous, but you can make a difference by joining the rebuilding efforts.
1. Government of Kerala- Donation Portal (https://pxmd.co/ap6oc)
2. Times of India (https://pxmd.co/mwSBE)