NBE has conducted NEET-PG 2020 on 05/01/2020 in 169 cities across the country on a computer -based platform. NEET-PG is the only eligibility cum entrance examination
for admission to all medical post graduate courses in the country.
The following medical post graduate seats shall be filled utilizing the merit list of NEET-PG:
All India 50% quota seats
- Institutions of central Govt.
- Armed Forces Medical Services Institutions
- Universities established by an Act of Parliament
- Deemed universities
- State quota seats
- Seats in private medical colleges
- Institutions established by State Govt. or by an Act of State
- Post –MBBS DNB Seats
The admission to PG courses in following medical Institutions is not covered by NEETPG:
- AIIMS, New Delhi and other AIIMS
- PGIMER, Chandigarh
- JIPMER, Puducherry
- NIMHANS, Bengaluru
- Sree Chitra Triunal Institute for Medical Science and Technology, Trivandrum
In total, of the appeared 1,60,888, only 89549 passed NEET PG 2020.
The state of Tamil Nadu had maximum number of exam takers with 18,854 medical students appearing for the exam of which 11681 passed. Whereas, the maximum number of qualifiers this year were from the state of Karnataka with 9,792 passing the test from the 16806.
Read more in the document attached below