PG medical fees capped in Gujarat
Now open: Certificate Course in Management of Covid-19 by Govt. Of Gujarat and PlexusMDKnow more...Now open: Certificate Course in Management of Covid-19 by Govt. Of Gujarat and PlexusMDKnow more...
The first ever centralized admissions for postgraduate medical and paramedical courses has led to the Fee Regulatory Committee tightening its grip on medical colleges, capping fees for PG courses.

The key highlights are:
- Fees must be within the range of Rs 1 lakh - 66 lakh for the management quota. A major climbdown from the earlier fee structure, which ranged from Rs 50 lakh to Rs 4 crore.
- Admissions to 75% seats of each institute will be under general quota. The remaining 25% will under the management quota including 15% NRI seats
- If any seats remain vacant in NRI quota, students will be admitted under management quota.
- If any management seats remain vacant or the institution surrenders the management seats to the government, the fees will be at par with the government seats
- Fees will be decided according to each branch. For instance, the fees for a PG seat for radiology, orthopedic, general medicine and paediatrics would be high owing to a high demand while they will be lower for branches where demand is low
- It is now mandatory for all self-financed medical colleges to give a stipend of Rs 41,000 to each student

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/ahmedabad/pg-medical-fees-capped/articleshow/58424618.cms
Preview
Like
Comment
Share