Self-injection of intravenous carbolic acid and multiorgan f
Now open: Certificate Course in Management of Covid-19 by Govt. Of Gujarat and PlexusMDKnow more...Now open: Certificate Course in Management of Covid-19 by Govt. Of Gujarat and PlexusMDKnow more...
Phenol (Carbolic acid) is widely used as a household insecticide. Poisoning by ingestion of phenol or by accidental inhalation and absorption from skin is well described in the literature. Predominant toxicity of phenol is due to its strong corrosive effect.Intravenous self-injection of phenol resulting in multi-organ failure is reported. The case is discussed, because of the unique nature of exposure to phenol and rapid involvement of multiple organ systems including the central nervous,pulmonary, renal and hematological systems.......

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3912669/
Like
Comment
Share