When you work in the casualty department of any hospital in India, one among the many common cases that you come across would be "Mosquito repellent fluid poisoning". This is very common in India because it is available at every household and in cases of emotional distraught, that's a bottle you can catch hold of easily and try to kill yourself. Unfortunately, unlike other poisoning cases, there are not many standard protocols to follow in such cases. So, here is an article to help understand the management of mosquito repellent fluid poisoning. http://slja.sljol.info/articles/10.4038/slja.v19i1.1879/ Some clinicians feel that, gastric lavage is beneficial in such cases; some others feel that gastric lavage may be counter productive because it could be classified as a corrosive. Discussion in this regard is welcome.